Digital printing is an electrophotographic printing process, which does not use plates or matrices. Instead, print images are created directly in the printing machine from digital data. A laser beam irradiates an electrostatically charged cylinder, creating a concealed image which is developed using powder applied to the surface and thermally fixed.
The basic advantages of digital printing are that it allows:
- Printing from a graphic file upon request
- Small numbers of copies (from 1 copy) to be printed
- Short lead times (a few hours)
- Printing of personalised materials (letters of offer, catalogues, offers, price lists)
- The use of various materials (paper, film, self-adhesive paper, transparency film)
- Reduction of printing costs for medium and small numbers of copies
- Reduced time for the production process (omission of the irradiation stage)
- The possibility of printing in batches, so precluding the need to store large numbers of copies
- Data in subsequent batches to be quickly updated
- Prompt preparation of materials for printing.
mLingua provides digital print services with a maximum printed format of 315 x 445 mm using the latest technologies. We frequently digitally print materials we have translated for our clients, such as:
- Information leaflets
- Training materials
- Product manuals
- Company newsletters.
More information can be provided by mLingua project managers, who are available at [email protected].